Taking note from Meg Fowler and her Friday love lists I decided to create my own on this beautiful day before exams truly and treacherously begin. So here’s mine for today what would yours be?
- 80 degree weather
- real fruit Popsicles
- my internship in Charleston
- my new house in Charleston
- my girlfriends
- clean, cold sheets
- smell of leather
- peanut butter and peperoni sandwiches (trust me they’re delicious)
- horseback riding
- adopting animals
- the selflessness of a dog (see Seddie above)
- the colors salmon and mint green
- a bright sundress (especially yellow, or the above)
- spring cleaning
- high heels (particularly these)
- sunkissed cheeks
- a first kiss
- Martina McBride music
- a bright pink pedicure
- Audrey Hepburn – and everything associated
- dreams of the future
- Sedona, Arizona (where the name Seddie comes from)
- love lists
I could go on all day and night, it really makes ya happy to make a love list, I highly encourage it!
Post yours on your blog and link it here and to Meg’s blog so we can take a gander!
While this song Le Freak by Chic doesn’t necissarily capture how I feel, I can’t help but sing it in rotation in my head whenever I think about my new graduation plans. Thats right… graduation. In December. Ugh.
When my advisor told me that I only needed 13 more hours to graduate I immediately started searching for ways to extend my time at Clemson because I never thought my stay here would only last 31/2 years. After some heavy weighing out of classes, hours, and resources I’ve decided it really does make sense.
So, here’s my plan… I’ll take my last 13 hours (and add some for good measure) in the fall and stay in Clemson with the hopes of snagging an internship in Greenville so I can commute and still enjoy my last semester in Clemson.
But why does this matter to all of you? Well I thought I would share with you some people who have given me guidance, while they may not know it, through their tweets and just general conversation.
First off, I have to mention Byrdhouse PR and the owner Annie Byrd (@byrdhouse) for extending to me their summer 2009 internship! This is going to be a great opportunity to learn more skills to prepare me for graduation and I definitely look forward to blogging about it!
Next, here’s a good list of people to visit on Twitter to follow to help you with PR advice, decisions, and more:
- @danschawbel – follow him on twitter for his great insights and links
- @skimtheocean – she is a Clemson alum after all, but offers great PR advice and other entertaining tweets
- @prprof_mv – my PR professor who is there to answer any questions
- @CAREERALISM – advice from top career professionals, provides great links
- @heatherhuhman – she helps others find internships and other entry-level jobs
- @jspepper – keen to answering my questions on PR and all the gadgets associated
These are just a really small assortment of people but I hope this is a start that helps you if you are graduating now, soon, later, or have already graduated! Check out my profile as well too to see who else I’m following!
And for your entertainment (hope you don’t get it stuck in you head) here’s a little video:
So I like Staples, I really do, I shop there for all my school supplies and even for my camera and printer equipment but… their facebook page is just not the best thing ever. Granted they have 711 fans but what are they giving these fans?
Answer: Nothing. Well, there are 10 pictures of different stores but really if you’re a fan haven’t you already seen that?
Therefore Staples facebook page is my bad PR exapmle because their wall has no posts, there is no info, and only 10 just store photos.
Lets jazz it up Staples, lets get active, lets get involved. I want to see discussions with fans, info about your company, and your fans uploadig their photos to the page. What about specials, their community evolvement, or even commercials featuring the easy button… fans might like to respond to those things right?
Visit the page on your own account and let me know what you think!
Posted in PR Examples
Tagged PR, staples