While this song Le Freak by Chic doesn’t necissarily capture how I feel, I can’t help but sing it in rotation in my head whenever I think about my new graduation plans. Thats right… graduation. In December. Ugh.
When my advisor told me that I only needed 13 more hours to graduate I immediately started searching for ways to extend my time at Clemson because I never thought my stay here would only last 31/2 years. After some heavy weighing out of classes, hours, and resources I’ve decided it really does make sense.
So, here’s my plan… I’ll take my last 13 hours (and add some for good measure) in the fall and stay in Clemson with the hopes of snagging an internship in Greenville so I can commute and still enjoy my last semester in Clemson.
But why does this matter to all of you? Well I thought I would share with you some people who have given me guidance, while they may not know it, through their tweets and just general conversation.
First off, I have to mention Byrdhouse PR and the owner Annie Byrd (@byrdhouse) for extending to me their summer 2009 internship! This is going to be a great opportunity to learn more skills to prepare me for graduation and I definitely look forward to blogging about it!
Next, here’s a good list of people to visit on Twitter to follow to help you with PR advice, decisions, and more:
- @danschawbel – follow him on twitter for his great insights and links
- @skimtheocean – she is a Clemson alum after all, but offers great PR advice and other entertaining tweets
- @prprof_mv – my PR professor who is there to answer any questions
- @CAREERALISM – advice from top career professionals, provides great links
- @heatherhuhman – she helps others find internships and other entry-level jobs
- @jspepper – keen to answering my questions on PR and all the gadgets associated
These are just a really small assortment of people but I hope this is a start that helps you if you are graduating now, soon, later, or have already graduated! Check out my profile as well too to see who else I’m following!
And for your entertainment (hope you don’t get it stuck in you head) here’s a little video: